Sunday, August 26, 2012

Girls Night In/Out

 I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Girls Night In/Out!  I'm sure that for some mothers this means going out with girlfriends.  Not for this Mama.  There is nothing better than spending all my time with my family.  God did not create women to need "ME" time away from the blessing of the home.  That concept is a worldy idea, not biblical.  What does that mean, you ask?  For us it means Mama spending really special time with my 4 daughters (and usually baby too!).  That does not mean I never see adult girlfriends.  When I do, I always make sure that it is something that includes my daughters.  Sometimes we do at home spa night with mani's, pedi's, facials, and hair do's.  Other times we go thrift shopping and stop for an appitizer at a favorite restaurant.  But recently Girls Night In/Out goes something like this ~ doing a mother/daughter study on being a madien of virtue.  We are going through a study on feminine loveliness.  It has been a wonderful blessing for all of us including Daddy and all the brothers.  They are all benefiting from what God is teaching the ladies of our home.  Our two oldest daughters and Mama are the ones doing the study but our twins love to sit and listen and be part of it too.  They actually are getting much out of it as they ask the cutest questions.  I am so thankful that all my daughters are loving this study.  It has opened up opportunities for wonderful heart to heart talks.  I highly reccomend it!  We have been learning about contentment (in all situations), modesty (of the heart and appearence), how to honor and respect their Daddy and brothers, vanity, purity, God's plan for women, and not conforming to the world ~  just to name a few!  In one chapter they were asked to write their Father a letter to thank him for all he does to lead, protect, and provide for our family and then read it aloud to him.  That was a very special night!

 
We often do our ladies study at home but this past week we did it at our favorite coffee, homemade candy, ice cream parlor!

Pouring everything I've got into my family is my God given role and I LOVE IT!!
 
"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth."  III John 1:4

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing for your girls to have a mama who desires to spend time with them and teach them and prepare them for those days when they will leave your home for a home of their own. Shortens the learning curve for those days ahead and THAT is surely a blessing!

    ReplyDelete